Friday, May 9, 2008

The Life You Imagine miscellaneous 1

The Life You Imagine by Derek Jeter

The motivation is to be the best player I can be, and if that means some people want to call me one of the best in baseball, that's up to them. I don't sit here every day and think about what I accomplished in the past and how I've got it made now. I'm always focusing on what I can do to improve in the future. What can I do to make myself better tomorrow? I know people don't care what I did last year. Seriously, last year is over with. My teammates and my coaches want to see what I can do this year. More important, I want to see it.

Derek Jeter has always been a player that I have looked up to when it comes to baseball. It's very rare to find a player who tries as hard as he does every single game. When I read this right here I understood what motivates him. The other thing I like about Derek Jeter is that he tries this hard off the field too. I have never heard of Derek Jeter have any problems off the field with court cases, drinking, or anything of that sort.

No comments: